It really writes itself: Obamacare as the ultimate April Fools’ Day punchline.
Which of these is your favorite? Share them with your friends.
HealthCare.gov was down for six hours early Monday morning. Then it was up. Then it activated its “virtual waiting room.” Then it blocked newcomers trying to create accounts. Then it was working again…
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says Obamacare is having problems getting off the ground because “people are not educated on how to use the Internet.” Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says Obamacare is a “political winner,” while “Saturday Night Live” lampoons the administration’s attempts to connect with young Americans through any celebrity and social network available.
This is really happening.
As we’ve noted, even if HealthCare.gov had worked perfectly from Day 1, it wouldn’t solve any of the problems Obamacare creates for people. Obamacare has been reducing options for health coverage, killing jobs, trampling on religious liberty, and dumping millions of Americans into an already broken Medicaid program.
That’s why we don’t need better government websites, snazzier celebrity endorsements, or “fixes” for Obamacare. We need real health reform that will put patients at the center and give people control over their own health care. We need more coverage options that provide better value for our hard-earned money. And we don’t need leaders who take us for fools.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Bold prediction: By 2015, everyone running for president will be running against President Obama’s foreign policy.
- Remember the Texas abortion law made famous by Wendy Davis? Here’s the latest news.
- The federal government can make a decision that would save taxpayers millions of dollars, and it wouldn’t hurt anyone. What is it?
- Too many companies in America have come to regard government as a giant customer.
- Jim DeMint speaks LIVE this evening at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia—tickets are still available if you’re close by, or you can watch it live online tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET.
The post The Joke’s on Us appeared first on The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation.
Shared via my feedly reader